When it comes to your health, Gurwin has you covered. Our community caters to each of our residents and their unique needs. Residents in our assisted living community, short-term rehabilitation and memory care all require different levels of care, and it is no different for our skilled nursing residents. Providing quality nursing care and nurturing to each and every resident through an interdisciplinary team approach ensures that we care for each resident as if they were our own family member.
Gurwin Skilled Nursing Home Services
Our services are second to none
Skilled Nursing Care Medical Services
- Medical & post-surgical sub-acute care
- Ventilator dependent care
- On-site,12-station dialysis center
- On-site infusion therapy center
- Palliative Care
- Hospice Care
- Rehabilitation: including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
- Memory care
- Fully-equipped Medical Clinic
- X-ray suite with fluoroscopy
- Soundproof audiology suite
- Ophthalmology suite
- Dental clinic with wheelchair lift and a denture-fabrication lab
- Exam rooms for consulting specialists, and surgical suites for minor surgical procedures
- In-house pharmacy, providing IV therapies
- Piped-in oxygen and suction to 160 beds
- Respiratory/Ventilator Care
- Renowned Therapeutic Recreation programming
With more than 30 years of experience, you can trust Gurwin’s reputation of providing the highest level of skilled nursing home care.
Contact us to learn more about our Long-Term Skilled Nursing Services,
Long Island Skilled Nursing Home Services Frequently Asked Questions
What medical services are available for long term skilled nursing residents?
Gurwin has physicians on staff, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Medical coverage is extended into the early evening and weekends by either a nurse practitioner or physician assistant, with a physician on call. In addition, there are a variety of consultants in the on-site clinic so residents don’t need to go out to doctors’ offices, including optometry, dental, audiology, x-ray and a variety of other specialties through consulting physicians. If the resident has a need to see a specialist in the community, it can be facilitated through the attending physician here at Gurwin.
If a Gurwin nursing home resident needs to go to the hospital, where do they go?
If it is a scheduled need, most long term skilled nursing residents go to Huntington Hospital, although other arrangements may be made after consultation with the resident and/or family. If there is a need to call 9-1-1, state law mandates the resident be taken to the closest hospital, which in our case is St. Catherine’s in Smithtown.