Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Imagine volunteering at Gurwin and finding a new friend...or a career?
Teens from the age of 14 may apply to volunteer at the Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. Some areas in need of volunteers include:
- Evening Therapeutic Recreation volunteers - join other teens in assisting to transport residents to and from programs, or run your own program!
- Rounding volunteers - help out on a nursing unit one evening a week, answering phones, visiting residents and assisting families with common questions.
- CARE program - if your school participates, apply to be part of our Career And Resident Enhancement program, for which you might receive High School credit and a new idea for a career!
- Personal visits - get to know residents one-on-one, as you visit with them on a weekly basis. Each resident is a living history lesson, and teen volunteers continually marvel at the life experiences of their new friends.
- Health Careers Camp - each summer, the Gurwin Volunteer Services staff runs a three-week Health Careers Camp, where teens volunteer at the Center learning about various careers in health care as well as assisting the staff and residents.
- Many others!
If volunteering at Gurwin sounds like it's for you, fill out the application, and call for an appointment. It takes just an hour or two a week to change the life of one of our residents...and your own, as well.
Click for Teen Volunteer Application Packet
This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 11 to be installed on your computer. Please follow this link to install: http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=HRZAC