Imagine volunteering at Gurwin and finding a new friend...or a career?
Teens from the age of 14 may apply to volunteer at the Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. Some areas in need of volunteers include:
- Evening Therapeutic Recreation volunteers - join other teens in assisting to transport residents to and from programs, or run your own program!
- Rounding volunteers - help out on a nursing unit one evening a week, answering phones, visiting residents and assisting families with common questions.
- CARE program - if your school participates, apply to be part of our Career And Resident Enhancement program, for which you might receive High School credit and a new idea for a career!
- Personal visits - get to know residents one-on-one, as you visit with them on a weekly basis. Each resident is a living history lesson, and teen volunteers continually marvel at the life experiences of their new friends.
- Health Careers Camp - each summer, the Gurwin Volunteer Services staff runs a three-week Health Careers Camp, where teens volunteer at the Center learning about various careers in health care as well as assisting the staff and residents.
- Many others!
If volunteering at Gurwin sounds like it's for you, fill out the application, and call for an appointment. It takes just an hour or two a week to change the life of one of our residents...and your own, as well.
Click for Teen Volunteer Application Packet