Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a full-service, not-for-profit, non-sectarian health care facility located on a 64-acre Jewish Communal Campus in Commack, Long Island.
Our 460-bed Skilled Nursing Pavilion offers long-term care; short-term rehabilitation; subacute medical and post-surgical care; ventilator dependent care and hospice care. Gurwin is distinguished by its clinical excellence and commitment to quality of life.
• Medical care provided by full-time, salaried, board-certified geriatricians, including a full-time medical director.
• A medical pavilion featuring radiology with fluoroscopy; dental complex with wheelchair operatory; ophthalmology and audiology suites.
• Subacute medical and post-surgical care including: IV infusion therapy, wound care, parenteral nutrition, and renal and peritoneal dialysis.
• Quality nursing care to nurture the ability and capacity of each resident, provided through an interdisciplinary team atmosphere.
• Comprehensive rehabilitation including physical, occupational and speech therapies; stroke and orthopedic rehabilitation.
• Accredited ventilator dependent care unit.
Quality of Life
• Jewish ambiance, traditional services, and kosher food, under Rabbinical supervision.
• Purposeful, meaningful and stimulating therapeutic recreation services.
• Gift shop and beauty/barber salon.
• Gorgeous, landscaped gardens.
• An annual photo contest which fills our corridors and public areas with award-winning photos.
• Numerous intergenerational programs involving local teenagers and schools.
Our commitment to the future of health care is evident as we train future health care professionals through more than 40 clinical affiliations with colleges, universities, medical schools and physician residency programs in all disciplines serving the geriatric population.
All of our services and programs are provided with a combination of high-tech resources and old-fashioned caring, warmth and respect for human dignity.